Since its founding over a decade ago, the MTN Scholarship Foundation has provided over $14,000,000 in scholarships to students, including the visually handicapped, at Nigerian educational institutions.
MTN Foundation was established in July 2004 to provide MTN Nigeria with a long-term and targeted channel through which to carry out its CSR projects.
The MTN Foundation scholarship program aims to attract high-achieving full-time students studying in Nigerian public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education). The scholarship aims to recognize and reward academic excellence by providing financial assistance to students who may be unable to pay for their tertiary education.
The awarded scholars will each enjoy a yearly scholarship grant covering their tuition, book allowance and stipend, till graduation, provided they maintain a CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent.
If you are a Nigerian student interested in studying in Nigeria with the MTN Foundation Scholarship 2022/2023? Do you want to know more about the MTN Scholarship For Undergraduates 2022 for undergraduate studies? Then read on as we have covered all you need to know about the scholarship in this article.
Before applying, we recommend that you read this article in its entirety to understand all of the details regarding this scholarship, including who is eligible, how much the scholarship is worth, how to apply, the application date, and other key factors.
About MTN Foundation Scholarship
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology-related courses are awarded the scholarship, which covers tuition, book allowance, and stipends.
MTN Nigeria contributes up to 1% of PAT (Profit after Tax) to the Foundation, which implements a distinctive type of wide-impact and project-driven corporate social investment programs that have received numerous awards.
It has also built a strong network of local and international partners through whom it may carry out its different tasks.
The MTN Foundation has had a significant impact and has established itself as a model for good corporate citizenship, gaining support from a wide range of stakeholders, including the government, regulators, tax officials, and the beneficiaries of its numerous projects.
Requirements for MTN Scholarship Foundation for Undergraduates 2022
To be eligible for the scholarship, you are expected to meet any of the following criteria;
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 300 level/3rd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 300 level/3rd years in a public University
- Blind students studying any discipline in their 2nd and 3rd year, with a minimum CCPA of 2.5 or its equivalent, are open to apply for the SBSS.
Documents Required for Application
They need to bring two recent passport photos, as well as the original and photocopies of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How Much is MTN Scholarship?
If they maintain the required grades, the successful candidates will be offered scholarships worth N200,000.00 from their 100 level to graduation.
Courses Available for MTN Scholarship Foundation
The following courses are available for scholarship in MTN Foundation;
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
How To Apply For MTN Scholarship Foundation 2022/2023
- Go to https://foundation.mtnonline.com/scholarship/stss.
- Obtain the MTN Foundation Scholarship Via MTN Foundation Scholarship Portal.
- Click on the Scholarship form publication therein.
- Follow the instructions provided on the portal to successfully register and apply for the MTN Foundation Scholarship exercise.
- Print out your Scholarship Registration slip afterward.
- Finally, Wait for the feedback.
How To Check MTN Scholarships List of Shortlisted Candidates 2022
To check MTN STSS shortlisted candidates 2021 follow the instruction below.
- Go to MTN scholarship application Portal https://foundation.mtnonline.com/scholarship/stss.
- Login with your details (Email address and password you used during online registration)
- Continue to see if your name is on the shortlist.
- Finally, if you have been shortlisted for MTN STSS, you will see a Congratulations message!
You can check the names of the MTN foundation‘s shortlisted candidates using the step-by-step guideline above. However, the above method is the easiest way to check your name on MTN Shortlist.
What’s Next After Application?
After submitting your scholarship application, you must wait for your name to be shortlisted before proceeding to the screening/interview.
If you want to be one of the next scholars to get this coveted award, you’ll need some tips on how to ace your interview.
Studying the examinations Past Questions and Answers is another proven strategy to earn MTN Foundation Scholarship. It will give you an idea of what to expect throughout your test.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Application Deadline
The MTN Foundation Scholarship management has set the 15th of August 2022 as the latest closing date/deadline.